collapse
Second Pass Weyr - AU Canon Pern

Author Topic:  Wing Name Suggestions!  (Read 2162 times)

IC Date: Closes: June 30 2012

• Team Member
  • Watch The World Burn
  • 881 Posts
  • Played by BlueDragon

Second Pass

Some People Just Wanna
Wing Name Suggestions!
« on: 20 Jun 2012 at 04:59 AM »
Hey guys!

Our lovely D'ren is going to be reinstating wings and the accompanying practices... soon. However, we would like to request your help with coming up with wing names. Ideally, we would like about 20 - 25 wing names, which we will then use a process of elimination (voting xD) to pick out our 10 favourites.

Wing names should be meaningful, as far as the Katilan's are concerned - such as the way the first clutch was named 'Renewed Hope'.

We will take suggestions until the 30th, and then do votes for 1 week to cut it back to the favourite 10 of the members. Both Players, Pending and Inactive are welcome to have an input.

Suggested Names
Administration Account
Please post in the HelpDesk for a quick response.

The Second Pass Team
Honey Love,
BlueDragon, Insulting Truths

Songtress

Re: Wing Name Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2012 at 06:54 AM »
Rising Stars!
Glorious Dawn
Chasers of the Moon
-- I was going into a celestial theme thing.

Sexilicious

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:41 AM »
It may be silly, but what about naming the wings after what they left behind in the North? Like Fort wing, Benden wing, Ruatha or Ista wing, etc?
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:43 AM by Sexilicious »

Honey Love

Green Litith
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:58 AM »
IC, I don't know that that would float, since it would negate the effect of being "Katilan" as opposed to following the natural desire to be separated by the different weyrs pre-plague.

How would someone from Benden feel, being assigned to an Ista named Wing? Someone from Telgar to High Reaches? Etc.

I'm not against it, I just don't think it would be something that would go down well IC.

Then again, I could be wrong.

• Team Member
  • Only BLUE will do!
  • 317 Posts

BlueDragon

PWND by Honey
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2012 at 02:11 PM »
That was my initial idea as well, Sexi. But I do believe the Weyrleadership would prefer to promote unity and the idea of being 'Katilan'.

I'd like something that is meaningful, not just 'ooh, this is a pretty theme!'. I'd considered southern landmarks, but I don't know how familiar most of them would be. I do know this is soon enough after landing that there should be some knowledge of it, so colony ships/etc may not be unrealistic..but there aren't many actual names and whatnot lurking in that idea.

Could name them after heroes, but most of the Northern weyrs have that covered. /ponder

Lol, we could let the wingleaders each name their own wing

EDIT: Had an idea for wing naming, which I will present once the rosters are actually posted. Feel free to keep suggesting names, though! We still need them
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2012 at 04:52 PM by BlueDragon »
DUDE

• Level 01
  • OM NOM NOM.
  • 282 Posts

Featherpirate

Uber Queen
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2012 at 08:00 PM »
I know N'gelt would rage if he was put into a wing named after any Weyr but Telgar. xD

Hmmm wing names..

Songtress

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:18 AM »
Name them after things in Landing' "Conell Wing"
"Red Harhan"?

• Team Member
  • Eternally Snuzzled
  • 259 Posts

Insulting Truths

Frigid Ninja
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2012 at 08:11 PM »
I have no ideas and would have assumed the wings would be named after the wingleader or just numbered.

Honey Love

Green Litith
Wing Name Suggestions!
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:26 PM »
That's most likely how they are arranged in the books lol. But numbers are boring xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Team Member
  • Eternally Snuzzled
  • 259 Posts

Insulting Truths

Frigid Ninja
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2012 at 08:04 AM »
But easier to remember.

Honey Love

Green Litith
Wing Name Suggestions!
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2012 at 08:24 AM »
True. Very true.

Mind you, I remember most of the original V1 SPW wing names. Most notably "Sneaking Thieves" xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Team Member
  • Eternally Snuzzled
  • 259 Posts

Insulting Truths

Frigid Ninja
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2012 at 10:34 AM »
lol you know that wing name makes me think of Nightrunning. I want a Seregil wing :P

Tags:

Happily Plotting For

6 Years 9 Month and 15 Days

M18+ Warning

Untitled Document

Second Pass is rated M18+

Before exploring our forums, we would like to take a moment to warn you that while most of our RP is PG rated, we do allow for heavy subject matter to be posted, and not all of it will come with a warning in the header. Please take care when browsing our threads, and be sure to look after yourseylf. If anything in a thread makes you uncomfortable, please leave it.

Please note that all our Players communicate between themselves, and all threads are done between concenting adults. Second Pass takes no responsibility for any personal offence taken from subject matter within the site's boards, and if there are any issues between Players the Team should be notified immediately and privately.

To recap, this website may contain mature themes, course language, strong violence, nudity, drug usage, and other material that may be offensive to selected individuals.

Regards, SP Team

Daily Vote

Please vote daily for us!

Current Month

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[21] 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.