collapse
Second Pass Weyr - AU Canon Pern

Author Topic:  Before the Fall [Execution Escape] [Open]  (Read 4250 times)

IC Date: 16.07.233 AL, Pre-Dawn (6am-ish) start. Progress through the day.

• Male Character
  • Mr. Bouncy!
  • 168 Posts
  • Played by Honey Love
  • Turns

Z'ia

Wingrider
of Blue Aveleth
Re: Before the Fall [Execution Escape] [Open]
« Reply #25 on: 18 Jun 2013 at 09:58 AM »
Z’ia laughed softly, watching as Chastity drew away from Rhaedalyn a bit, before timidly extending her nose to take in the woman’s scent. Z’ia had found Chastity to be a lot like Aveleth – timid, withdrawn, and easily spooked – as a result, she was extremely selective in the people she allowed to be near her or pet her. As a result, he was both shocked and not surprised at all when Chastity lifted from his arm and glided to the ground before Rhaedalyn, sniffing at her toes before climbing up one leg, still snuffling the girl curiously and chittering under her breath. Aveleth rumbled something gentle, and Chastity answered him.

The bluerider shrugged, snatching up Plague before she could pick a fight with Aradissicath for the way she’d been so casually dismissed, the firelizard’s eyes a hot red of angry emotions and her claws extended, ready to do battle. She didn’t dare scratch Z’ia, however, though she shot him a disgusted look and snapped something harsh sounding out, though the bluerider ignored both the vocalisation of her disgust and the flurry of incomprehensible emotions and images. “Hush, Plague,” Z’ia murmured instead, waiting for her to settle indignantly in his lap as Rhaedalyn’s firelizards popped into appearance above them. Plague grumbled some more, though Aveleth chirped a soft greeting and Chastity gave a squeak of surprise and vanished between from where she’d been sitting on Rhaedalyn’s knee to reappear just above Z’ia’s head. She swiftly vanished against the back of his neck, hidden by the abundance of dark curls.

“She’s very pretty!” Z’ia exclaimed cheerfully, lifting his hand to extend it to the firelizard in question. “I think Plague would probably eat my face while I slept if I tried to Impress a gold.” Deep amusement lingered on the tones as Z’ia withdrew his hand and went back to petting Plague gently. The little green purred, her eyes shifting to contented colours as she wriggled, sprawling in her human’s lap gleefully. His attention was clearly on the human girl, but so long as she controlled something, Plague was happy and could put up with the silly girl and her silly firelizards and her awful gold dragon.

“Oh!” Z’ia exclaimed, slightly surprised when the firelizards both lifted off and vanished. Chastity stuck her head out by his ear, nuzzling at it as she chittered in a soft whisper. Z’ia grinned as he rubbed her nose with the hand not being occupied with petting Plague, and the little firelizard on his shoulder settled once more. “I like their names!” Z’ia’s expression was bright, smiling cheerfully. The girl might not look like much, but at least she was capable of coming up with some interesting names for her firelizards! Muffin was a bit of an odd one, to be sure, but Whisper and Rumour were rather good names!

“Did you name them?” He wriggled a little, shifting to lean lazily against Aveleth’s neck. Plague was picked up and relocated as he shifted his legs so they were stretched out before him, and he put the firelizard back on his lap on her back, rubbing her tummy and causing the generally sour little firelizard to purr. “I only named Plague” He nodded to her, “Aveleth named the other two, didn’t you, Kiddo?” Aveleth rumbled softly, but he ducked his head in embarrassment and Z’ia smiled fondly at his dragon.

Z’ia’s nose scrunched up good naturedly, and he tossed Rhaedalyn a cheerful wink. “He did, and they are very fitting names! Aveleth is very good at naming firelizards, but I don’t think I want any more. Three is quite enough! Especially all green! But don’t tell D’hys.” Z’ia smirked playfully. “He thinks I’m going to Impress the entire Southern continents firelizard population. That would be kind of funny, since he would be so grumpy about it – but can you imagine feeding that many?!” Z’ia’s eyes widened dramatically and he puffed out a deep breath. “No thanks!”
Unless stated otherwise, Aveleth never speaks to anyone but Z'ia

• Female Character
  • Sweeter Than Bubbly Pie
  • 267 Posts
  • Played by Insulting Truths
  • Turns

Rhaedalyn

Fort Weyrwoman
of Gold Aradissicath
« Reply #26 on: 19 Jun 2013 at 06:33 PM »
“I did,” Rhaedalyn gave a shy smile though inwardly she was practically bursting at the seams at receiving praise from Z’ia. He liked the names she had given to her firelizards! He was sitting with her, talking with her, and now a compliment of sorts. It didn’t matter what had brought them together and how gloomy the day was meant to be, not when she had her beautiful bluerider with her. “Muffin was named because I like baking and it’s a cute word. Whisper, because of how I accidentally Impressed her and spoke in hushed tones at the time. Rumour, because of the odd way I found him and the time of night I went running to R’nya’s.” A little giggle was given and then a blush. She didn’t want Z’ia to think she was a prude but he didn’t want him to think she was promiscuous either! He was clever, though, and didn’t seem the sort to come to unfounded conclusions so Rhaedalyn felt safe with her image in his eyes.

“Aveleth has wonderful naming skills, though so do you. It’s a bit naughty to use the word ‘plague’ but I can see the fun in it as well.” And she did! Rhaedalyn thought it was clever and humorous. It likely made some people uncomfortable but it wouldn’t harm anyone and the puns that could be played with the feisty green flitter seemed like they would be fun. From what she had already learned about D’hys’ stance on firelizards, Rhaedalyn imagined a lot of fun harassing the man was done.

“Oh, I agree! These three keep me on my toes as is and now that I have Aradissicath to tend to as well, I’d go insane with feeding more.” Rhaedalyn couldn’t imagine such a thing. She’d never have time to do anything if she had an army of firelizards to take care of. Feeding and oiling them would take up all the free time she had and while she loved her trio, more simply weren’t for her. Of course, if she found an abandoned egg again like she had with Rumour, it would be a tough call but she’d likely be able to pawn it off on a friend or anyone really. They were still a hot item to half the population so someone would be happy to help her out. “Though I also agree that it would be funny to see D’hys’ reaction to you having more.”

An idea hit her and Rhaedalyn gave a wickedly playful grin. “I’m sure he’s smart enough to notice that they aren’t freshly hatched but you can borrow my trio sometime to make D’hys think you have six firelizards. Muffin likes games so he’d be up for it and the other two would do it if I asked them to.” She would be the happiest girl alive if Z’ia liked the idea! She’d get to see him at least once more to set it up and she’d be a cohort for mischief with him!

Aradissicath turned her head to face Rhaedalyn but didn’t say anything. She liked all the whimsical ideas swimming around in her head and she especially liked how happy the girl was. Later, they could discuss the day properly but Aradissicath knew better than to do so now. They were still working on their bond and communicating in private. It would be horribly embarrassing for the girl if Z’ia overheard anything.

• Male Character
  • Mr. Bouncy!
  • 168 Posts
  • Played by Honey Love
  • Turns

Z'ia

Wingrider
of Blue Aveleth
« Reply #27 on: 20 Jun 2013 at 09:04 AM »
Faranth fuck me, she’s a babbler. Z’ia watched Rhaedalyn with an avid expression, nodding eagerly as she explained the reasoning behind the names her firelizards claimed, while monologuing about the girl’s brainless, and airy ways. She’d named the firelizard muffin because she liked the word? Whisper was just as much of a letdown, though Rumour actually sparked genuine interest in Z’ia. His expression barely changed, however, as the grin on his lips altered to one of mischief instead of playful interest.

“Really, now?” Z’ia asked playfully, peering up at Rhaedalyn from under his eyelashes and wiggling his eyebrows teasingly. Running to the boring bronzerider? Either the girl had no sense of style, or she had no idea how that sounded. Judging by her blush and the way she had dropped her gaze after the comment, Z’ia concluded she was somewhere between the two options, and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. The child was a lost cause! So, save her. Aveleth put in gently, his eyes swirling a little faster as Z’ia tilted his head to peer at the dragon both curiously and scandalously.

Save the girl? From what? Herself? If that is what you believe she needs to be saved from. Cryptic doesn’t suit you, Aveleth. Z’ia’s tone twisted into a grumpy variety, and the full use of his dragon’s name caused the blue to creel unhappily. The sound was a low wine, causing Z’ia to sigh and roll his eyes dramatically, petting Aveleth’s face when the dragon twisted his head around to rest in Z’ia’s lap, almost hiding the young man from Rhaedalyn as she babbled about the firelizards and her new dragon.

“Sorry!” Z’ia grimaced slightly as he leaned over Aveleth’s neck from where he was quite literally wrapped up in the dragon, and rolled his eyes comically at Rhaedalyn. I swear he picks and chooses which words I think, and slaps them together in order to upset himself!” he pet the dragon good-naturedly while Aveleth gave a soft sigh. Pausing a moment after his little explanation, Z’ia went over the words he’d only half heard from the girl, before grinning at her mischeiviously.

“That sounds like fun!” He didn’t think he’d ever end up borrowing the girl’s firelizards, and certainly once he dumped them back at Katila Z’ia wasn’t even sure he’d want to track her back down when her dragonet was old enough to cope with more interesting things occurring. She really did talk too much, and he could only imagine what gagging her would do! (Now, that was an interesting thought…)

Z’ia! Aveleth’s tone was quiet, but clearly scandalised. What happened to saving her? The blue prodded gently, tilting his head to peer at Z’ia seriously in an attempt to move his devious rider’s mind from binding and gagging the sweet goldrider. Aveleth doubted her tastes ran in that direction at all; most of the humans Z’ia seemed most interested in didn’t seem to be quite as interested in return…

That was your idea, not mine. What could I possibly gain? Z’ia glanced at Rhaedalyn and grimaced slightly before turning his attention back to Aveleth, frowning. Good opinions? Aveleth hazarded, also glancing at Rhaedalyn apologetically for excluding her from their conversation; but this was important! He couldn’t help her succeed in winning over his rider, if he couldn’t even get the man to see how beneficial such an arrangement would be, on his own terms! Involvement with a goldrider won’t win me favour, Kiddo. Z’ia was amused, and shook his head, slightly. Neither does involvement with the Rilaleeyth’s or the Weyrleader!

Z’ia blinked at the rather heavy handed statement from his dragon, looking surprised as Aveleth stood up suddenly, unwinding from around Z’ia carefully but with great determination. The bluerider watched as the dragon shuffled backwards, before taking off, and winking between. Z’ia continued to stare at the spot Aveleth had vanished from for several minutes, blatantly shell shocked. “He yelled at me.” Huge green eyes turned to stare at Rhaedalyn, a calculating air about the bluerider. There was something about this girl that had spiked his dragon to yell (Aveleth’s version of yelling, at any rate. Z’ia had never heard him say anything quite so firmly!) at him.

Z’ia studied her for a moment longer, his curiosity sparked far more by Aveleth’s demand and stalking off than eh would have otherwise ended up by any other means. “He likes you,” Z’ia stated firmly, losing a lot of his cheerful air in exchange for bluntness, though there was no anger or negative emotions bound in the words or tones. “Aveleth doesn’t like anyone, except me, and Rilaleeyth and Zeianth. He doesn’t talk to anyone but me, and Rilaleeyth and Zeianth and, very rarely, D’hys.” The bluerider leaned forward, staring at Rhaedalyn intensely, but also curiously. “He talks to you, though.” It was a statement, not a question, and Z’ia continued to study the girl, as if by staring at her long or hard enough, a sign might appear to explain his dragon’s behaviour towards her.

• Female Character
  • 267 Posts
  • Turns

Rhaedalyn

Fort Weyrwoman
of Gold Aradissicath
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun 2013 at 11:30 PM »
Rhaedalyn shifted uncomfortably as she watched the blue pair exchange private comments. The way they took turns glancing at her made it rather obvious she was the hot topic and she had no idea what to think about that. It was best to see it as flattering but Rhaedalyn couldn’t help but think of the negatives. This was the first real conversation she had had with Z’ia and he likely found her boring and not worth his time. That would be horribly tragic! She had been so convinced since seeing him turns before that he would like her instantly and a proper courting would happen that anything negative, like rejection, never occurred to her. That wasn’t how true love worked!

When Aveleth got up and winked away, Rhaedalyn gasped and Aradissicath sat up. The little gold crept a bit closer to her bonded when Z’ia started pointing out facts and how Rhaedalyn was a new factor that didn’t quite fit in. She sensed the man wasn’t entirely mad at her sweet human but curious and that was the only reason Z’ia didn’t end up with a lap full of golden hide while he got an ear-bashing for upsetting Rhaedalyn.

Rhaedalyn, for her part, sat perfectly still and listened to each statement, understanding clearly the issue. She wasn’t always the brightest one in the bunch but she had her moments and could still catch easily stated issues. Aveleth was shy and sensitive so it made sense that he kept to himself. In a way, Rhaedalyn did the same thing as she didn’t always trust and open up right away to people she met. Perhaps that was why they got along; there was a mutual understanding. There was also that cryptic message of Aveleth’s about helping her. She still wasn’t sure what that was about though!

“He talks to me,” Rhaedalyn repeated, giving confirmation that it wasn’t one-sided conversations just in case there had been any doubts. “I don’t ask anything of him and we enjoy our time together. He’s very kind.” Rhaedalyn felt like she was being judged and wasn’t sure if that answer was good enough but it was all she had. She didn’t know why she was chosen as special enough but she felt it was because she took a genuine interest in what the blue had to say and didn’t force anything on him in any way.

Rhaedalyn has very pretty thoughts. You would like speaking to her, too, if you could see them all. Aveleth is wise and knows a good thing when he sees it. Aradissicath finally broke her silence to give her version of things. Rhaedalyn had no idea how beautiful her mind was when she was lost in dreams or doing a mundane task or conversing with people she adored. Everything was usually so positive and bubbly in her imagination that Aradissicath was surprised she didn’t have more nosy dragons trying to occupy some time in there. She’s gentle and sees people differently than everyone else; perhaps even you and that’s why Aveleth likes her. Rhaedalyn blushed lightly at the last comment but didn’t say anything further. What else could she add? She’d either make it worse or it would be redundant. Z’ia’s reaction would tell her soon enough.

• Male Character
  • Mr. Bouncy!
  • 168 Posts
  • Played by Honey Love
  • Turns

Z'ia

Wingrider
of Blue Aveleth
« Reply #29 on: 14 Jul 2013 at 07:29 AM »
“He is,” Z’ia agreed, his tone still somewhat twisted between suspicious and amused. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of this little girl, and the odd attraction she seemed to be to Aveleth. His dragon really was not interested in making friends – not because he did not want to, but because he simply did not have the confidence required to get out there and introduce himself to others. That he would find such confidence to introduce himself to a gold rider befuddled Z’ia. It was so… weird!

Startled green eyes shifted to stare at the little gold when she spoke, before a grin flickered over Z’ia’s lips, brightening his expression. “Of course he does! He chose me,” he teased, amused greatly by the little gold. She had no idea to whom she was speaking, and Z’ia had no designs on informing her, or her silly rider. Pretty thoughts? Women were dull, boring creatures and Z’ia could not imagine any of their thoughts being ‘pretty’. He would much rather delve into a devious mind, preferably one where there was no clothing involved. Green eyes scanned the girl subtly; he doubted there was much under her clothes worth getting excited about, and it was even less likely her thoughts were at all interesting. Certainly, her words were not!

Then again, Aveleth was disgustingly dreamy at times, and he supposed the young blue finding the idealistic thoughts of a silly hold bred whore interesting should not have surprised him. Z’ia sighed internally; while he couldn’t see any immediate benefits to him, the bluerider would move whole mountains to make Aveleth happy. How the dragon wanted him to ‘save’ the girl, Z’ia had no idea, but a good fuck would be a lovely starting point, right? Which only left one question he wasn’t about to actually ask: How long until the dragonet could be told to shut up and cope?

“Really?” The bluerider teased gently, attentive green eyes focusing on Rhaedalyn’s blushing face and he reached out lightly to gently lift her chin up, so she was not looking down, but at him. He smiled warmly at her, amusement in the expression as he made a playful dig at himself. “What pretty thoughts do you have about the itty bitty bluerider?” He laughed softly, withdrawing his hand. “It’s the curls, right? All the ladies love the curls!” Sticking his tongue out playfully, Z’ia shook his head slightly, sending his hair bouncing around his shoulders. “But you have your own!” He exclaimed, deciding that his curls could not possibly have been the reason. Reaching out lightly without permission, Z’ia swept up several strands of the girl’s hair, careful not to actually touch her. “And of a much nicer colour!”
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2013 at 07:13 PM by Z'ia »

• Female Character
  • 267 Posts
  • Turns

Rhaedalyn

Fort Weyrwoman
of Gold Aradissicath
« Reply #30 on: 16 Jul 2013 at 10:55 PM »
Rhaedalyn did her best not to show how she trembled simply by Z’ia touching her chin. It was such an innocent action and even R’nya had done it before when she tried to avoid the bronzerider’s gaze but this was different; this was Z’ia. It didn’t help in the least that he asked about the pretty thoughts she had about him. They weren’t something you shared with a man! At least, Rhaedalyn corrected herself, you didn’t share until you were being courted or even married. They were the little secrets you shared in whispered conversations as you held hands after a nice walk along a path to a secluded sitting area.

But Z’ia had asked and was making her smile by his antics so he deserved little snippets at least. “I confess to liking your curls but you’re right, I have my own and a lot of them!” Her hair could be such a pain some days, especially when it wouldn’t stay up how she pinned it or if the heat frazzled her hair more than usual. “Oh, but there isn’t anything wrong with your colour!” Some people thought it was a dull brown but Rhaedalyn rather liked it. Blondes and darker hair were both rather nice but it wasn’t often she saw a man with a nice brown shade and it looked father fetching on Z’ia.

Suddenly embarrassed at having said too much, Rhaedalyn fell silent but Aradissicath nudged her nose against the girl’s leg to encourage her to say more. What was the point in holding back now that she had her prince charming talking to her? The little gold didn’t understand what was wrong with telling someone the truth and was about to do it for Rhaedalyn when the girl finally found her tongue again. “And, well, I think you’re kind and I like the way you look after Aveleth and you have a lovely laugh. I guess those are the pretty thoughts I have about you that our dragons have noticed.” She was so embarrassed! Yet somehow, Rhaedalyn managed to keep from turning into a redfruit and held the blushing at bay, at least a little.

• Male Character
  • Mr. Bouncy!
  • 168 Posts
  • Played by Honey Love
  • Turns

Z'ia

Wingrider
of Blue Aveleth
« Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2013 at 08:57 PM »
Z'ia laughed softly, letting the girl's curls fall from his fingers as his hand returned to his lap and he folded them together with a flighty flurry of fingers. The reassurance that his hair colour was fine was amusing and Z'ia dipped his head slightly in a nod of acceptance, not bothering to point out to the stupid girl that he hadn't said there was anything wrong with his own hair, simply pointed out that her own colour was 'prettier' or whatever word he had used. Women; always hearing what they wanted to and not a lick of what was truly being said; how the crazy little girl had managed to land a gold Z'ia had no idea and he was starting to forget why he was putting up with her antics.

"What pretty thoughts indeed!" He gushed, grinning brightly and holding his hands dramatically at his heart as he fluttered his lashes at Rhaedalyn playfully. Could the girl be any more delusional? While Z'ia wouldn't argue that he took great care of his dragon, and that his laugh was rather lovely, he was highly amused by the girls virginal 'pretty thoughts'; He couldn't imagine how they could possibly be more innocent and pathetic.  He'd been expecting something a little more colourful! Fantasies about long nights, hot blushes, rough hands - fun things! Not, 'oh, um, well, ah, you're pretty and um, oh, ah, I um, like your laugh!'. Stupid girl! Z'ia resisted the urge to snort or laugh when he realised the girl was blushing at the things she'd said. Holders!

Z'ia wiggled his eyebrows a little instead, and leaned forward playfully. "I am glad you like my laugh!" Z'ia chose the easiest one to play on, and grinned brightly at the girl, though he didn't laugh at that moment. He would play on her liking it, if that's what she was so hooked on. Maybe treat her to one occassionally. For now though, he had to escape before his brains started leaking out his nose from the idiocy of the child before him. We can take them home, right? The dragon had clearly opted not ot comment on Z'ia's internal commentary, and Z'ia's grin lit up as he nodded his head enthusiastically in response to his dragon; he would have rathered roll his eyes right out of their sockets.

"We'll come and collect you before we all head home, miss. For now, I have others I need to see!" Leaning forward, Z'ia scooped the girls hand up playfully and placed a feathery kiss on the top of it. Flashing another bright grin, Z'ia bounded to his feet and made a not-quite mocking bow before vanishing into the crowd, hailing another bluerider and joining him and his companions a short distance away.

Tags:

Happily Plotting For

6 Years 10 Month and 14 Days

M18+ Warning

Untitled Document

Second Pass is rated M18+

Before exploring our forums, we would like to take a moment to warn you that while most of our RP is PG rated, we do allow for heavy subject matter to be posted, and not all of it will come with a warning in the header. Please take care when browsing our threads, and be sure to look after yourseylf. If anything in a thread makes you uncomfortable, please leave it.

Please note that all our Players communicate between themselves, and all threads are done between concenting adults. Second Pass takes no responsibility for any personal offence taken from subject matter within the site's boards, and if there are any issues between Players the Team should be notified immediately and privately.

To recap, this website may contain mature themes, course language, strong violence, nudity, drug usage, and other material that may be offensive to selected individuals.

Regards, SP Team

Daily Vote

Please vote daily for us!

Current Month

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

• - Holidays -