collapse
Second Pass Weyr - AU Canon Pern

Author Topic:  Discussion: Pernese Accents  (Read 600 times)

IC Date: Whee~

Honey Love

Green Litith
Discussion: Pernese Accents
« on: 05 Jul 2014 at 09:20 AM »
So, I was randomly thinking - Pern is a tiny bit smaller than Earth, I think, which means it would be most natural for the population to have regional accents!

So, for the fun of a discussion, what regions do you think should sound like what (using real world accents)

Please, please pleas don't actually attempt to write the accent into posts, bt I think it would are a lot of flavour to have a "Benden accent" (which sounds like X RL place). XD I can even add an accent spot on the mini profiles where people could fill in what accent their character had as a quick reference and to avoid putting it in RP.

So, what do you guys think? What regions should have what accents?

I think Katila should have some kind of bogan accent, because it's made up of all the riders from all the locations, who lived in isolation for three years before living in collective isolation for nearly twenty. But that's just me :P

Hold/hall/Weyr could all have variations or be totally different depending on their proximity etc, or they could all be totally different.

Discuss!

• Team Member
  • Eternally Snuzzled
  • 259 Posts

Insulting Truths

Frigid Ninja
Re: Discussion: Pernese Accents
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2014 at 10:50 AM »
R'nd's character he's based on typically had an Australian accent so of course I'd say Benden is Australian.

High Reaches (based on J'ver) would be snooty so perhaps some form of British. No, French. XD

Telgar would be Irish.

Ista, being the little island it is, would have a laidback accent and/or surfer bro.

That's all I can think of right now since I'm about to crawl into bed.

Honey Love

Green Litith
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2014 at 02:10 PM »
Y'know, it took me way too long to realise you meant Benden the place and not Benden R'nd's son XD

I am now picturing all Istans as blonde hair, blue eyes and tans with low slung shorts and lazy smiles lol.

• Team Member
  • Only BLUE will do!
  • 317 Posts

BlueDragon

PWND by Honey
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2014 at 08:03 PM »
I've gotta say that an Irish accent coming out of S'kef really set me giggling. I love it!

Oh, let's give Bitra a terrible hick southern accent XD
DUDE

• Team Member
  • Eternally Snuzzled
  • 259 Posts

Insulting Truths

Frigid Ninja
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2014 at 01:50 AM »
XD I thought about S'kef with that accent after I said it and smiled at it. It's okay, S'kef, based on my suggestions Gabrin has a horrible blended French-Irish accent going on lol

Fort would be the Hollywood accent. The one Canadians and Americans think they sound like without their little quirks and nuances. Fort also thinks they're super awesome and important like celebrities.

• Team Member
  • Only BLUE will do!
  • 317 Posts

BlueDragon

PWND by Honey
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2014 at 02:04 PM »
S'kef is okay with the accent. Angry Irish people are scary sounding! And he likes the idea of sounding innocent and charming the rest of the time.

I like the Hollywood accent idea for Fort :o Makes a lot of sense.

Honey Love

Green Litith
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2014 at 03:13 PM »
lolol Ren is from Fort XD He says he most certainly does not think he is above anyone else :|

Except brownriders. But helloooooo

XD

« Reply #7 on: 06 Jul 2014 at 03:47 PM »
I always imagines people from Keroon as having some sort of western drawl.

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2014 at 11:39 PM »

Telgar would be Irish.

Hahaha! I was going to give K'ton an Irish or Scottish accent and laughed when I saw that. And Bramble! I always picture them with thick western accents too. I actually agree with a lot of the accents going on in this discussion.
Dee based powerplay of my characters is always permissible!

Tags:

Happily Plotting For

6 Years 11 Month and 11 Days

M18+ Warning

Untitled Document

Second Pass is rated M18+

Before exploring our forums, we would like to take a moment to warn you that while most of our RP is PG rated, we do allow for heavy subject matter to be posted, and not all of it will come with a warning in the header. Please take care when browsing our threads, and be sure to look after yourseylf. If anything in a thread makes you uncomfortable, please leave it.

Please note that all our Players communicate between themselves, and all threads are done between concenting adults. Second Pass takes no responsibility for any personal offence taken from subject matter within the site's boards, and if there are any issues between Players the Team should be notified immediately and privately.

To recap, this website may contain mature themes, course language, strong violence, nudity, drug usage, and other material that may be offensive to selected individuals.

Regards, SP Team

Daily Vote

Please vote daily for us!

Current Month

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

• - Holidays -